Digital Citizenship is “a way to prepare students / technology users for a society full of technology. Digital citizenship is the norms of appropriate, responsible technology use.” (DigitalCitizenship.net)
- Access: full electronic participation in society.
- Commerce: electronic buying and selling of goods.
- Communication: electronic exchange of information.
- Literacy: process of teaching and learning about the use of technology.
- Etiquette: electronic standards of conduct or procedure.
- Law: electronic responsibility for actions and deeds.
- Rights & Responsibilities: those freedoms extended to everyone in a digital world.
- Health & Wellness: physical and psychological well-being in a digital world.
- Security: electronic precautions to guarantee safety.
Greater Albany Public Schools is committed to addressing Digital Citizenship at all levels. Some resources can be found here:
- Common Sense Media Apps
- Common Sense Media for Parents
- Safe Online Surfing from the FBI
- Building Blocks for Digital Citizenship